The mission of Mount Olive Evangelical Lutheran School is to assist parents with the Christian training of their children for life and eternity, while providing academic excellence in the light of God's Word.
Mount Olive Evangelical Lutheran Church takes seriously its obligation to instruct children in accordance with the Savior’s command, “go and make disciples of all nations . . . teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you” (Matthew 28:19-20) and “feed my lambs” (John 21:15).Thus, the goal of our school is to nurture God’s lambs as followers of our Savior.
Although parents have been given the primary responsibility for the training of their children,“. . .bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord” (Ephesians 6:4), the churchand school areto assist themin fulfilling the following goals and objectives:
1. Nurture the Christian faith of the students. Through teaching of Law and Gospel, children will grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus, their Savior, who came into this world to suffer and die for their sins.
2. Equip and encourage these children to apply the Word of God in their daily living and to freely act on their privilege to share the saving truth of Jesus Christ with others.
3. Teach all subjects in the light of God’s Word and the all-directing influence of God in the world he created.
4. Inspire, challenge and motivate the students to develop their God-given gifts and talents to the fullest extent of their abilities.
5. Achieve academic excellence in spiritual and secular education for Pre-K thru 8th grade, thoroughly preparing students for the next grade level and high school.
6. Provide dedicated teachers who lead by example as Christian role models to the students and who continue to grow spiritually and professionally through ongoing training.
7. Nurture a sense of Christian self-worth and create an atmosphere of Christ-centered love, respect, and encouragement between and among students, teachers, staff, and parents.
8. Teach students Christian values and provide programs for these children to practice outreach to others at home and in thecommunity.
9.Prepare students to live as obedient citizens of their community with respect for our country, its leaders, government and laws.